Garmin Montana 600 - GPS
What we say: At ABW we think a Garmin Montana 600 with the GB Discoverer 50k map is the perfect combination for on and off road adventure riding in Great Britain.
What Garmin Say:
Big, Tough Outdoor GPS That Goes Anywhere
- 4" dual-orientation, glove-friendly touchscreen display
- Garmin Basemap
- Also includes Worldwide basemap with shaded relief
- 3-axis compass with barometric altimeter
- Supports BirdsEye satellite imagery, Garmin Custom Maps and photo navigation
- Uses rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack or AA batteries
Now there’s one handheld GPS for many different activities. Whether you're on foot, on the road or on water, the new Montana 600 from Garmin will guide you wherever you go. With a vast 4” sunlight-readable touchscreen that offers crystal clear enhanced colours, dual orientation display and high sensitivity HotFix® positioning to track your location, it’s easy to see where you are at all times. Both durable and waterproof, Montana 600 is built to withstand the elements.
Use the auto mount with City Navigator® NT maps or Garmin GB Discoverer™ for spoken, turn-by-turn driving directions. Garmin GB Discoverer™ also provides Ordnance Survey mapping on your handheld if you want to take it onto the trail. BirdsEye™ Select lets you download customised sections of premium raster-based maps to your device and integrate them with your maps. Montana is also compatible with Custom Maps which transforms paper and electronic maps into downloadable maps for your device. With an array of compatible mounts, Montana 600 is designed for use on boats, bikes, as a handheld, motorbike or quad or in your car. Wherever you think you might take Montana, it has the mapping and mounts to get you there.
Navigate with Ease
The Montana has key features for the outdoors such as a 3-axis tilt-compensated compass which shows your heading even when you’re still, without holding it level. It also has a barometric altimeter which tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you can even use it to plot barometric pressure over time, which can help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions.
With Montana 600 you can share your waypoints, tracks, routes or geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin GPS users. Simply press “Send” to transfer your information to other units.
Keep in charge
Montana 600 features a one-of-a-kind dual battery system. You’ll have the option of using the rechargeable lithium-ion pack or traditional AA alkaline batteries – whichever suits you best.
Big and Tough – Goes anywhere, everywhere
- Uses map data to display your “full track view” so you know what you’re up against
- Logs everything (waypoints, tracks, caches, etc.) on your calendar so you can review (or boast) about your accomplishments later
- Changes to “night mode” automatically so your eyes stay focused even when the sun goes down
- Includes a QWERTY keyboard so you can find what you need and take notes faster
- Helps you keep your bearings straight by letting you to lock your screen to keep it from shifting directions (portrait to landscape or vice versa)
- Mapping options include City Navigator NT® or Garmin GB Discoverer™ maps. Both give you turn-by-turn driving directions. Garmin GB Discoverer also provides Ordnance Survey mapping for use on the trail. BlueChart® g2 preloaded cards can be used for a great day on the water, BirdsEye™ Select lets you download customised sections of premium raster-based maps to your device and integrate them with your maps. Montana is also compatible with Custom Maps which transforms paper and electronic maps into downloadable maps for your device.
- Shares waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin GPS users
- Locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains it even in heavy cover and deep canyons
- Includes a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass and barometric altimeter
- Features a one-of-a-kind dual battery system; you can use the rechargeable lithium-ion pack or traditional AA batteries
- Supports geocaching GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit
What's in the box:
- Montana 600
- Garmin basemap (Note: requires additional maps - see options)
- Lithium-ion battery pack
- USB cable
- AC charger
- Quickstart Guide
To mount your Garmin Montana you will need both of the following bits of kit:
- A 'cradle' or GPS mount that fits to the Montana GPS - e.g. AMPS Rugged Mount (see link below)
- A mount to allow the 'cradle' to fit to your motorcycle - e.g. RAM Mounting kit for handlebar/clutch/brake (see link below)